Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tip # 11: Cupcake carrier


It's about time. For years we have been taking our kids' cupcakes to school in cardboard boxes as they sway to and fro in our car. Not anymore. Check out this cupcake carrier. It almost makes me sad to see the product and to know that it exists. I mean, this should be on the school supply list when your kid starts kindergarten. How has this escaped me?

Ode to a Cupcake Carrier (an original by nap mom)

You held my perfectly primped cupcakes as we traveled to school

so that the other kids would think that my kid was cool.

The cupcakes nearly fell off of the car seat.

Icing all over the car floor? That wouldn't be neat.

Through rain and through snow

to the classroom you would go.

Halloween... Christmas parties... and Valentine's Day

no relaxing for you on this holiday.

Always playing second-fiddle to the real treat

the gooey icing cupcakes that the kids would eat.

But things would get worse at the end of the bash

when you would be tossed away into the trash.

Wilton and Tupperware tried to upgrade you

but their carriers held several cupcakes too few.

Now you have been given your rightful look.

Oh carrier, my cupcake carrier, you're #1 in my book!

3 comments:

ms. mindless said...

i've got a cupcake carrier. you are so behind the times m!

Nap Mom said...

i've never seen one to carry the amount of cupcakes that i need, before now. oh well... better late than never.

Unknown said...

LOL, I love the ode to the cupcake carrier!