Friday, July 25, 2008

Tip #2: Bag lunch

Welcome to Frugal Friday. A day where we discuss all things that save money - a favorite for me!

Bag lunches. Since the birth of my new little prince, I have been brown bagging it to work. Let us not be afraid to pack a lunch that tastes great too. The best part is that I have actually LOST weight on this new plan.


This is what I had for lunch yesterday. Well, not for lunch, but throughout the day as I was grazing (which is supposed to be healthier for you).


Why/how packing a bag lunch has helped me to lose weight? ?


  • I am not buying junk at the fast food places.
  • I am not starving myself to save money, which causes me to "inhale the contents of my kitchen pantry" when I get home.
Really, look at what I ate yesterday. Ham sandwich ont he way to work. Granola and yogurt for mid-morning snack. Salad for lunch. Carrots and oreo sweet treats in the afternoon. Wa-la!

Don't believe me? Here are some others who think that bagging it is a great, healthy, and frugal way to go!

Frugal lunch by Clever Dude
Zenhabits claims that you can save $3000 by bagging it
And here are some creative ideas for brown bag lunches for the minis who are off to school in the fall.

Easy peasy!

Do you have a great brown bag lunch idea? We'd love to hear about it! Please leave us a comment!

No comments: